How we use your information
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We destroy your data as soon as it's not longer needed for the purposes you agreed to when you provided it. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources.
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you connect your account to a third-party service provider, we may receive information from that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorise and any options that are available. We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
Sharing your information
We do not sell your private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of SoundPanel, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
Our members may benefit from a number of rights in relation to their information that we process. Some rights apply only in certain limited cases, depending on your location. If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your personal information, you can do so via your SoundPanel account settings or by contacting us. Upon request, SoundPanel will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. By visiting your account settings, you can access, correct, change, and delete certain personal information associated with your account. In certain cases where we process your information, you may also have a right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal information. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, and to obtain a copy of your personal information in an easily accessible format. If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
A cookie is simply a technology for remembering something about you.
Without cookies, a website is like a goldfish who loses its memory every time you visit a new page. Once you visit a new page, it doesn’t remember who you are.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, thereby affecting the service SoundPanel provides to you. Blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit. For more info, please visit https://cookies.insites.com/disable-cookies/
You may have heard of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), as it relates to online service providers, like SoundPanel, being asked to remove material that allegedly violates someone’s copyright. We respect others’ intellectual property rights, and we reserve the right to delete or disable Content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate the accounts of repeat alleged infringers. To learn more about the DMCA, click here. Please contact us if you believe any content on our platform to fall under removal according to the DMCA by providing us with all necessary details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us on email@example.com